Plantation - River Guadiana is located on the Algarve-Spanish border in an attractive tranquil riverside setting. The plantation farm and wellness eco-resort community project is based on the Portuguese quinta, immersed in nature, vineyards, orchards and olive groves.
Increasing numbers of people are looking for slower, relaxed and healthy lifestyle experiences, where they can enjoy a healthy body and mind lifestyle and home-grown organic produced in a tranquil natural environment.
Appeal of Plantation
- Experience owning a holiday, second or retirement home in a managed plantation farm
- A secure, peaceful and convenient Algarve location
- Share in the ownership of a vineyard, olive or citrus grove, almond plantation
- An attractive climate and riverside landscape
- Escape from an increasingly busy, urban and over connected lifestyle
- A slower, relaxed and healthy ‘body & mind’ lifestyle
- ‘Slow food’ - organic fruits and vegetables grown in the kitchen farm garden
- Hassle-free (onsite resort & farm management) and financially rewarding
- The beauty and tranquility of the changing seasons, sense of community
- Village communities with clubhouse and amenities
- Integrated Plantation gardens - organic fruits, vines, citrus, almond, carob or olives.
- 2-bedroom – 5-bedroom single level plantation homes, 90 m2 to 300 m2 building area and large outdoor terraces
- 2-bedroom Plantation homes - from €330.000
- Plots from 900 m2 to 9.000 m2
- Fast track sustainable building techniques, energy and water efficient
- Minimal environmental impact, carless in village
- Rental income program
- Fully serviced and professionally managed by leading resort management company
Plantation House Hotel
- Plantation House – our hotel, the heart/soul and social hub of the resort community
- Tourist lodging & residences
- A health & wellness retreat
- Plantation accommodation lodges
- Sustainable building philosophy
- Organic farm shop & dining room
- Yoga, meditation, pilates, natural treatments
- Arts & culture pavilion
- ‘Slow food’ focus – organic fruits and vegetables grown on the farm
Plantation Guadiana will operate as a working organic plantation or farm. It will have an organic kitchen garden to supply the restaurant and grow essential herbs and oils for the spa.
Ageing tourists, the lifestyle of Millennials and iGen, a growing middle class and the technological and digital revolution, all contribute to boosting the importance of the health trend.
Health and healthy lifestyle are becoming progressively more integrated into multiple dimensions of tourism and second home offerings.
‘Silence will sell... ...and creativity and arts will become central to wellness concepts’.
In the future, wellness and healthy lifestyle will become increasingly important our decision making.
A sharper focus on silence, mindfulness and deep nature at hotels, retreats and spas will arise.